Wednesday 3 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 70 - 61

70 – 61




international

note
70 #75
Maren Morris – I could use a love song

Points: 859.0
Peak: #10
Weeks: 17
Album: Hero

Back in 2016 Maren Morris had her breakthrough with her 4th country album “Hero” which has been her major label debut. Since that I’ve charted several songs from her. “I could use a love song” is in my eyes her best song so far and deserved the Top 10 spot it reached back in July.
69
no success

Anouk – Wanna little something

Points: 862.9
Peak: #1 (4 weeks)
Weeks: 38
Album: Queen for a day

“Wanna little something” is one of those songs which have a split record. Back in 2017 it reached #5 in my year-end review with 2360.9 points which by the way would lift up a song to this year’s #1 spot. This year “Wanna little something” collected enough points to reach the Top 70.
68 #68
#43
#27
#44
#48
#41
#41
#16
#35

Lana Del Rey – Love

Points: 885.6
Peak: #10
Weeks: 15
Album: Lust for life

A long time has gone before Lana Del Rey returned to my chart this year. Most of her songs aren’t the kind of songs I’m listening too on a regular basis. With “Love” she returned very strong. She reached my Top 10 for a single week in April, but her 2nd single from “Lust for life” did better and can be found later in this review.
67 #30 /
Shawn Hook feat. Vanessa Hudgens – Reminding me

Points: 894.3
Peak: #8
Weeks: 17
Album: My side of your story

Last year Canadian Shawn Hook reached #64 with his single “Relapse”. This year he returned with an absolute wonderful duet. His duet partner on this track is US singer Vanessa Hudgens who never had a hit on my chart before. Their song reached #8 back in June.
66
no success

Tokio Hotel – What if

Points: 898.0
Peak: #10
Weeks: 17
Album: Dream machine

Tokio Hotel in the early 2000’s and Tokio Hotel now can't be compared. With their new album “Dream machine” they are continuing their trend since they left Germany. The first single from “Dream machine” didn’t impressed me very much, but “What if” is real highlight. I’ve never thought that a song by them would reach my chart and eventually peak within my Top 10.
65
no success

Cam – Want it all

Points: 904.9
Peak: #12
Weeks: 20
Album: Untamed

Her album “Untamed” brought her the breakthrough in the US country scene. I really like her album and “Want it all” had been one of the last songs I charted from this album. It easily reached my Top 20, but failed to do the last step peaking within the Top 10.
64
no success

Scavenger Hunt – Sweet talk

Points: 905.8
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: Shapes and outlines EP

They had some minor hits 2016 before I fell in love with their single “Sweet talk”. It has a nice indie pop/rock sound and in January they started strong with a debut #36. By the end of February they peaked at #10 and brought them definitely on my list to watch for future hits.
63 #61
#29
#37
#66
#41
#19
#24
#9
#6

Niall Horan – Too much to ask

Points: 912.9
Peak: #9
Weeks: 14 (still charting)
Album: Flicker

One Direction hasn't been represented very well on my chart. Sure they had some hits, but they failed to reach my Top 10 on a regular basis. Since their hiatus the members tried to enter my chart, but except Niall Horan no one had a hit so far. His best song until today is “Too much to ask” which recently peaked within my Top 10.
62
no success

Tagtraeumer – Pfeile

Points: 922.8
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 9 (still charting)
Album: Unendlich eins

Since their debut in Austria they are one of the biggest stars in the Austrian music scene. I first heard this song life in July and by the end of the year they decided to release “Pfeile” (“Arrows”) as a regular single. In December they peaked at #1 for three weeks and sprinted up the year-end chart to reach #62 in this review.
61 #35
#54
#31

Lena – If I wasn’t your daughter (acoustic)

Points: 930.6
Peak: #10
Weeks: 15
Album: -

This song was first sung live in the German TV show “Sing meinen Song” (“Sing my song”). Recently after this presentation the song started a short charting career. On my chart this deep emotional song had a stronger run and reached my Top 10 by the end of July.

No comments: