Monday 8 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 10 - 7

10 – 7



international
note
10 #1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1

Ed Sheeran – Shape of you

Points: 1963.3
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 28
Album: ÷
Chart Debut: January 14, 2017
First week at #1: April 8, 2017
Writer(s): Steve Mac, Kevin Briggs, Kandi Burruss, Tamika Cottle, Johnny McDaid, Ed Sheeran
Producer(s): Steve Mac

Normally I avoid the big #1’s like the plague, but as always there are exceptions. Once more in this review it is by Ed Sheeran. From the start he began dominating the international charts with “Shape of you”. On my chart he had a pretty low start with a debut at #59. In its 7th week on chart he reached my Top 10 where it had been a long way to peak at #1 nearly three months after the chart debut. “Shape of you” is his last song in this countdown.
9
no success

Anouk – Keeps getting better

Points: 1993.2
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 28
Album: Queen for a day
Chart Debut: January 7, 2017
First week at #1: March 11, 2017
Writer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Gustav Efraimsson
Producer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Gustav Efraimsson

The only five-letter “A” artist in my Top 10 is – you already know it – Anouk with three songs. Last year it had been Adele who placed three songs from her brilliant album “25” in this part of my review. “Keeps getting better” had been part of the songs by her dominating the chart early in the year. 11 weeks in my Top 10 isn’t really long, but because of the fact that most of the songs only topped the chart for one or two weeks “Keeps getting better” easily reached a spot in my year-end Top 10.
8 #62
#23
#13

Carly Rae Jepsen – Cut to the feeling

Points: 1995.5
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 25
Album: -
Chart Debut: June 3, 2017
First week at #1: August 5, 2016
Writer(s): Simon Wilcox, Carly Rae Jepsen, Nolan Lambroza
Producer(s): Sir Nolan

How can this happen that Carly Rae Jepsen had no #1 on my chart before? I don’t know. This is also a riddle as that this song charted nearly nowhere. Scotland, Hungary and Japan are the rare exceptions. “Cut to the feeling” has everything a big hit must have, but most of the listeners ignored this brilliant song. On my chart it took her two months, but then she scored her first #1. I hope that she will do it again in the future.
7 #5
#3
#8
#6
#6
#4
#8
#4
#2
#3

Shawn Mendes – There’s nothing holdin’ me back

Points: 2016,9
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 24
Album: Illuminate
Chart Debut: April 29, 2017
First week at #1: June 17, 2017
Writer(s): Teddy Geiger, Scott Harris, Shawn Mendes, Goeff Warburton
Producer(s): Teddy Geiger

50 % of my Top 10 goes to male artists so far. Beside Ed Sheeran Canadian singer Shawn Mendes found the way into my Top 10 and then he went all the way up to my #1. This is definitely his biggest hit for me out of three songs I’ve charted from him. “There’s nothing holdin’ me back” is the first song in this review which surpassed the 2000-point-mark.

No comments: