Wednesday 3 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 60 - 51

60 – 51



international
note
60 #18
#12
#5
#4
#2
#1
#1
#1
#1
#2

Sam Smith – Too good at goodbyes

Points: 932.4
Peak: #9
Weeks: 15 (still charting)
Album: The thrill of it all

Very often flying under my personal radar is Sam Smith. Since he had his first big hits in 2015 he failed to reach my chart or good spots. His first single out of “The thrill of it all” changed it a little bit with a Top 10 peak, but his follow up single failed to reach my chart.
59
no success

Carrie Underwood – Relapse

Points: 943.6
Peak: #9
Weeks: 21
Album: Storyteller

2016 Carrie Underwood has placed several songs from her album “Storyteller” in my Top 100 of the year. This year she had only one big hit of this album, because I’ve charted every song from it. “Relapse” reached its peak in April.
58
no success

Madeline Merlo – Crush

Points: 952.9
Peak: #14
Weeks: 19
Album: Free soul

This song is part of the soundtrack to the film “Country crush” and had been an official single. From May to June “Crush” had been in my Top 20, but failed to do the last step to peak within my Top 10. Nevertheless for me “Crush” is one of the best country songs of 2017.
57 #88

Luke Sital-Singh – Nothing stays the same

Points: 986.5
Peak: #8
Weeks: 18
Album: The fire inside

Back in 2014 he released his solo debut album “The fire inside”. Late in 2013 his single “Nothing stays the same has been released and reached the UK charts. In the middle of 2017 I discovered his debut and his follow up album. The rest is history. “Nothing stays the same” is the first of four songs from “The fire inside” album which reached my year-end Top 100 of 2017. No other album I’ve charted so late than this album, but I love it.
56 #1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1
#1

Ed Sheeran – Perfect

Points: 987.6
Peak: #8
Weeks: 16 (still charting)
Album: ÷

What should I write what hasn't been written over “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran? The short international review shows that he has charted nearly everywhere at #1 (expect Finland at #13 and Norway at #4). At the moment he is milking the cow with his duet versions, but this song is still nearly perfect.
55
no success

Anouk – Not a lovesong

Points: 995.
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 30
Album: Queen for a day

Once more here is Anouk with a song which reached my year-end of 2016 where “Not a lovesong” reached #20. Five of the 19 weeks in the Top 10 are counting for this year’s review and so “Not a lovesong” deserves this notable spot.
54
no success

Madeline Juno – Gift

Points: 998.9
Peak: #5
Weeks: 16
Album: DNA

Madeline Juno is a rather underrated artist in Germany. She has released her first single “Error” back in 2013 when she reached my Top 10. Since that she had several Top 10 hits from her debut album, but all in all she failed to reach the German charts on a regular basis. Later she changed the language to German and “Gift” (“Poison”) is the first song in German by her which reached my chart. It is a really clever song and with its peak at #5 it is now her signature song.
53
no success

TP4Y – Blush
Points: 1000.4
Peak: #3
Weeks: 19
Album: Kisses EP

Girl power from the Netherlands is in at #53. After minor success on my chart “Blush” brought them their first and only Top 10 hit. Beside my love in female voices girl band power (except the ones from South Korea) is rather rare represented on my chart. “Blush” is one of a handful exceptions which reached its peak in January.
52
no success


Needtobreathe feat. Andra Day – Hard love

Points: 1002.4
Peak: #7
Weeks: 16
Album: Hard love

About a half year before I decided to restart charting I fell in love with Needtobreathe’s “Something beautiful”. Since these days they had some minor hits, but nothing remarkable. This year they returned with the duet version of “Hard love”. Easily it reached my Top 10 where it peaked at #7.
51
no success

Norma Jean Martine – I want you to want me

Points: 1011.9
Peak: #8
Weeks: 18
Album: Only in my mind

US singer Norma Jean Martine opened my Top 100 with “No golds”. Now she is back with her first Top 10 hit “I want you to want me”. At the end of the summer “I want you to want me” has been among my most played songs and it easily got its peak within the Top 10. Unfortunately it had been in the shadow of her #1 hit which can be later found in this list.

No comments: