Tuesday 2 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 80 - 71

80 – 71




international

note
80
no success

Helene Fischer – Nur mit dir

Points: 820.1
Peak: #12
Weeks: 16
Album: Helene Fischer

For the first time in history Schlager queen Helene Fischer reached my year-end Top 100 review. Her biggest hit “Atemlos durch die Nacht” (“Breathless through the night”) also peaked at #12, but just missed my year-end Top 100 as #105. “Nur mit dir” is also a rare song of this particular genre because of the fact, that Schlager songs not very often found their way into my chart. It is nice to have this song here.
79
no success

Anouk – Be my baby

Points: 820.5
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 29
Album: Queen for a day

Last year “Be my baby” reached #24 on my year-end of 2016. Due to its split record “Be my baby” reached in 2017 #79. Also it had been the first of five Anouk songs within the Top 100 last year. This year it is the first of nine songs from my all-time favourite artist.
78
no success

XYLØ – Get closer

Points: 821.4
Peak: #12
Weeks: 15
Album: -

Electronic pop group XYLØ isn’t really successful beside their The Chainsmokers collaboration “Setting fires”. On my chart they had two minor hits and “Get closer”. This song debuted in January and reached its peak in March. It is the bands first appearance in this part of my review.
77 #58
#72

Lena – Lost in you

Points: 823.9
Peak: #10
Weeks: 15
Album: -

Mostly known for her single “Traffic lights” on my chart Lena returns this year with two non-album singles. Her first had been “Lost in you” which missed my Top 10, but it is still a good song. Her other release in 2017 reached my Top 10 and can be found later.
76
no success

Ne-Yo – Another love song

Points: 824.9
Peak: #16
Weeks: 16
Album: Good man

As Schlager music R&B isn’t the kind of music I’m listening very often. But sometimes there are songs I can’t resist. This time it had been a song by Ne-Yo who rose to fame in the early 2000’s. His song “Another love song” had been a good summer anthem and will always remind me to the summer of 2017.
75
no success

Anouk – Burn

Points: 839.5
Peak: #10
Weeks: 17
Album: Fake it till we die

At #75 there is the only song from “Fake it till we die” which reached my year-end Top 100. Normally a Top 10 hit is very good, but for Anouk after the nearly perfect album “Queen for a day” where she set new standards on my chart this is a little disappointment. I like this song, but I wouldn’t say that this is among my favorites.
74 #82
#52
#46
#95
#51
#25
#27
#4
#88

Pink – Beautiful trauma

Points: 841.8
Peak: #1 (1 week)
Weeks: 9 (still charting)
Album: Beautiful trauma

With her 2nd single “Beautiful trauma” of her new album Pink scored another #1 on my chart. Sure #74 isn’t really high, but I’m only charting this song since nine weeks and it scored its week at the top at December 24th. This means that her first single “What about us” will be ranked higher in this countdown.
73 #90
#65
#61
#34
#14
#54

Paramore – Hard times

Points: 850.5
Peak: #7
Weeks: 15
Album: After laughter

For the first time in a while Paramore are returning to my year-end review. “Hard times” is a clear development from the last work. It lasted two weeks in my Top 10 with a peak at #7. This song also helped that I bought their album and so future hit songs can be awaited for the following year-end countdowns.
72
no success

Jillette Johnson – Love is blind

Points: 851.3
Peak: #10
Weeks: 16
Album: All I ever see in you is me

Jillette Johnson moved from New York to Nashville. With this change of the residence a change in her musical direction followed. For the Rolling Stones this album is more country, but for me I think that it isn’t. It’s different, but no country. I absolutely love her debut album “Water in a wale”, but after a half year listing to this album I’ve to say that this one isn’t as good as her debut. Several songs like “Love is blind” are really good, but most of this work is mediocre for me. “Love is blind” peaked in the Top 10 for only one week in August.
71
no success

Carly Rae Jepsen – Higher

Points: 851.5
Peak: #11
Weeks: 17
Album: Emotion: Side B

“Higher” has never declared as an official single. Nevertheless I started charting this song in April. In May “Higher” reached its peak just outside the Top 10. Once more she failed to reach a #1 on my chart, but there is still a song out there where she proofed that she has such songs in her sleeve.

No comments: