Monday 8 January 2018

Year-End Review 2017 - 6 - 4

6 – 4



international
note
6
no success

Anouk – Right on time

Points: 2050.0
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 28
Album: Queen for a day
Chart Debut: January 7, 2017
First week at #1: February 18, 2017
Writer(s): Glen Ballard, Anouk Teeuwe, Gabe Sokoloff
Producer(s): Anouk Teeuwe, Thrice Noble

“Right on time” had been the first of a punch of new songs by Anouk topping my chart early in 2017. Only one song by her did better in the year-end than this song which had been nine weeks in my Top 5 and 11 weeks in the Top 10. This song about the true love scored three weeks at the top which makes it the longest lasting Anouk song at the top in 2017. Unfortunately I think that in 2018 she won’t have a #1 which would happen for the first time since 2011.
5
no success
/ /

Mighty Oaks – Be with you always

Points: 2056.0
Peak: #1 (2 weeks)
Weeks: 28
Album: Dreamers
Chart Debut February 18, 2017
First week at #1: April 15, 2017
Writer(s): Iain Archer, Ian Hooper, Claudio Donzelli, Craig Saunders
Producer(s): Ryan Hadlock

Folk from Germany is in at #5. Not really Germany, but Mighty Oaks are settled in Berlin. Since their debut in 2013 they had two charting hits in Germany, but until “Be with you always” I’ve not charted them. This has been their chart debut. I absolutely love this song and it had been clear for me that they could reach my #1. Two months after the chart debut they did it and for the moment it seams that Mighty Oaks with “Be with you always” will be one hit wonder.
4 #57
#37
#41
#39
#33
#10
#19
#4
#25

Lady Gaga – The cure

Points: 2061.4
Peak: #1 (3 weeks)
Weeks: 25 weeks
Album: -
Chart Debut May 6, 2017
First week at #1: July 8, 2017
Writer(s): Stefani Germanotta, Lukas Nelson, Nick Monson, Paul "DJ White Shadow" Blair, Mark Nilan
Producer(s): Stefani Germanotta, Nick Monson, Detroit City

Never before had Lady Gaga a #1 on my chart. Never before she had a year-end Top 10 smash. 2017 corrected these things for her. In its 10th week on chart “The cure” did the last step and reached the pole position. In a year where most #1's only stayed one or two weeks at the top “The cure” peaked at #1 for three weeks. Unfortunately she is one place behind the year-end Top 3, but in the end I don’t care. I love this song and I hope that she’ll have more songs reaching my Top 10 in the future.

No comments: